Saint Andrew’s Church

St Andrew’s Church is Grade 1 listed, and originated around 1100 AD. The nave and chancel are constructed of flint with rubble (probably Roman) infill, whilst the tower, dating from the 1500’s, is of Tudor brick over a lower flint construction. It was extensively refurbished in 1873-75 and given a major overhaul in 2001-2002.

Our school has strong and valued links with Saint Andrew’s Church, Colne Engaine. ‘Rev’ Mark is a frequent visitor  and leads worship regularly in school, as well as offering a ‘3.30 Express’ service in the church once a month after school, which is increasingly popular. We also host a school worship assembly for members of the church in school once a half term, when Rev Mark leads worship for young and older members of our community.

We visit the church at least once a term for services for Harvest, Christmas, Easter and end of the school year – and these are very popular services. Members of the church kindly provide coffee and flapjack for half an hour before the children arrive, so the whole event is a very warm and sociable opportunity, set in our beautiful church.