Wear your school uniform with pride. Looking smart leads to smart learning!
Parents/carers can find out more about the schools uniform requirements here.
You can order our school uniform from School Trends.
Why do we have a school uniform?
• To show that we belong to a special community
• To show others that we are proud of our school
• To help us focus on our learning rather than what everybody is wearing!
Parents and carers… please give us a head start on maintaining a purposeful learning environment by sticking to our uniform and dress code – it really does help!
Colne Engaine School Uniform
We like the children to wear school colours, which are Red (Post Office Red), black and white.
Personalised Colne Engaine book bags and sun hats are available for purchase via Schoolmoney
✓ Grey and black trousers (tailored) – no skinny, denim or canvas trousers please
✓ White shirt or white or red Polo Shirt
✓ Plain red (or personalised with school logo) pullover, jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt
✓ Grey skirt or pinafore dress
✓ Plain white, grey, black or red socks or tights
✓ Red and white check dress for summer
✓ Black Shoes – not trainers – low heeled. Black boots can be worn in winter.
P.E.(cloth drawstring PE bag with child’s name on outside)
✓ Black school shorts
✓ Red t-shirt
✓ Trainers – black
✓ Black Tracksuit – essential for cold weather
Identification of lost items is extremely difficult when so many clothes are similar in size and appearance. Please ensure that ALL items of clothing are clearly marked with your child’s name.
We always aim to open the school in all weathers! If the weather is snowy when you wake up in the morning, please send your child into school in suitable clothing for playing in the snow- school uniform need not be worn. Wellies, hats, gloves, scarves should be brought to school and a change of clothes too.
No jewellery except watches please.
We strongly discourage earrings, but if your child does wear earrings, these MUST be taken out on PE days as children are not permitted to wear them for PE.
Whilst we encourage children to value charities, we do not permit wrist bands as they can get caught and cause injury
- Trousers – school style black or grey. No ‘skinny jeans’ styles or fabrics please.
- Plain white, grey, red or black socks or tights only please.
- Tailored shorts can be worn with thick black tights – no sheer or patterned tights under shorts please.
- No nail varnish please.
- Long hair tied back and hairbands should be scrunchies or should be small and discreet.
- Skirts – black or grey – knee-length or just above the knee styles only please.
- Shoes – black school shoes only please. No trainer style shoes.
- In winter, school boots can be worn – dark colours please.
- No jewellery except for small stud earrings and wristwatches. This includes friendship bracelets or charity bands.
- School jumpers and polo shirts can be purchased School trends. Plain red jumpers can also be worn.