The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The Government will allocate this extra funding directly to primary Headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Government Guidance PE and Sport Premium for Primary Schools